Thursday, September 9, 2010

Vacation

I highly recommend a two week vacation every year or at least every other year. I feel so much better and more relaxed then I have in ages. I did a really good job of not thinking about work (well except for the two huge proposals that I had to write). I also answered a few emails but that was more about saving my sanity then giving up vacation. My last week was spent in Florida with my best friend.

I hate that my friend lives so far away. I hate that I only get to see her twice a year. It is always so sad going to the airport. Lots of tears and hugs and tears and hugs. My heart aches when I have to leave.

I love spending time with her girls and doing things with them. I got to teach them to sew and we planted flowers together. It was the first time we also got to do a little grown up shopping. If they lived closer, there could be so many more memories like that.

It's amazing how our lives take such unexpected paths that lead us to where we are.

No comments: