Monday, February 15, 2010

My poor baby

My poor baby girl was so sick last night. It started about 6p last night when she started throwing up. I about killed myself twice trying to get to the door to let her outside. She was in and out most of the evening but seemed to settle down before we went to bed.

At about 1:30, Cowboy got up because he heard her doing a "tap dance" downstairs. He got up and let her out and then started looking around the house. Poor baby had thrown up and licked it up in the dining room and then threw up in the spare bedroom. Here is the crazy part, she had been eating wood chips (very small ones) from the bottom of the wood box. So her puke smelled like wood, the only saving grace to cleaning up the mess.

So in the middle of the night, I was steam cleaning the carpets. Cowboy was all wound up and didn't handle the situation well. I can tell that if we had kids, I would be the puke cleaner.

Sadie seems to be doing better now. Hopefully, this has passed. I like my sleep and hate steam cleaning the carpets.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Poor Sadie!! I hope she feels better real soon.

Lynilu said...

I'm sorry Sadie is sick. If only they could talk.

My nephew and his wife had a sad note tonight on FB. A pit bull came over their fence and got one of their two precious little Chihuahuas, drug her back over the fence and really tore her up. They lost her a few hours later. Ii really hate pits. Tell Sadie she may feel icky, but we are glad she isn't dealing with that sort of monstrous animal.

Monogram Queen said...

Poor Sadie - and poor YOU! It is very stressful when our furkids are sick. :(