Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 8--I mean assignment 8- places I've traveled

When we were growing up, travel wasn't much in the plans. My dad was a hog farmer and it was next to impossible to leave the farm. I do remember that we took a trip to Branson and one to St. Louis. On the trip to St. Louis, my mom gave us a new barbie outfit each hour to pass the time. She and my grandma had made them. In high school, I went on an exchange trip to Aladdin, WY population 11. I stayed with a family for a week in the middle of no-where but did get to go to Sturgis for bike week (actually we just drove through). We did get to see the Badlands, Mt. Rushmore, and a few other sites along the way. It wasn't until I was in college that my traveling began. Spring Break at Daytona, a road trip to Lubbock, TX, pledge sneak to Dallas, TX, senior sneak to Iowa. I have travel a lot since then- Myrtle Beach, Norfolk, LA, San Diego, Yuma, Phoenix, San Antonio, Houston, Nashville, Louisville, Detroit, Green Bay, Niagara Falls, and many more places. My favorite thing to do is to just hang out in a place and do local things based on the advice of locals. Lately, my trips are to St. Augustine to see my dear friend. I'm most excited about going Hawaii in August.

No comments: