Monday, August 23, 2010

Vacation

Yesterday, Cowboy suggested that we head down to my folks house. I've been wanting to see the parents and haven't been to the farm since Father's Day. We rolled out of the house early and were on our way by 7a. (Up that early on vacation, really, why??) Got home in good time. Mom was so excited to show me pictures of her trip to Washington DC.

My dad decided that he was going to fix lunch for us. I can't ever remember my dad cooking anything. Well, maybe he grilled way back when. He made us spaghetti and meatballs. It was okay but not gourmet. Just so cute that he did it and was so proud of himself for cooking for us.

I picked a bag full of apples off the tree in the back yard and made homemade apple sauce for the folks. Cowboy baked a loaf of beer bread for mom. So they were set.

My brother and his family came over and my big sister and her girl showed up. It was so good to spend the day with the family. I need family time so much.

Today, Cowboy and I hit the golf course early. I played a great round. The best part about it was that it was free. Cowboy and I then went to the gym his afternoon. On the way to the gym, we stopped at Petsmart to buy dog food and Cowboy decided to eat a dog biscuit in front of a very long line. Why would he do that? He is crazy, I mean seriously crazy. But I love him. Great first couple of days of vacation.

No comments: