Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Time

I can't believe that Christmas 2009 has come and gone. Where did the year go? I've been remiss in blogging lately and have several things that I want to blog so I can remember them. Hopefully I will get caught up this week.

Wednesday night, Cowboy and I loaded the SUV and headed out for the farm. It rained all the way there and we were soon very excited that we left when we did. Mom and Dad were thrilled to have us home.

Thursday, our family had it's gathering. We have been getting together on Christmas Eve since I was a little girl. Even though it has evolved and changed, I look forward to it every year. My brother and famliy arrived early and we played a few card games. We loaded the cars and headed to the community center for our Christmas dinner. Mom and dad's house has gotten to small for the family, so we meet at the center. Everyone in the family was able to make it except for my nephew and his kids, the weather kept them away. We had a good time playing games, eating, visiting and just being together.

Unwrapping the gifts happened in a flurry. I think everyone was happy with what we got them. I got Cowboy a new golf hat, gym shorts and a western shirt from my parents and he was thrilled. My mom gave me money to shop for myself, those were the only presents I neglected to buy. Mom was a little disappointed but I promised her I will go shopping.

We got Dad a new flat panel TV from us kids and I think he was surprised and happy at the same time. Mom got a ton of good stuff and was very happy with all of her loot. They were tired but happy by the time we got home. Everyone made it home safely which was the biggest blessing on Christmas Eve. The weather was awful and it took some time to drive home but once we got the calls that everyone made it home safe, we could breathe a sigh of relief.

Christmas day was quiet. Just Cowboy and I and the parents. My sister came over with her hubby later for a game of cards and they shared supper with us. I had made a pot of ham and beans (my mom's favorite) which I came to regret later. Cowboy had the worst gas in the world. He made the whole living room smell like butt. Thank goodness Mom and Dad had gone to bed.

Saturday was another quiet day at home. Finally around 4p, I took off and went to my brothers to visit them. They got a new puppy that was adorable. It was fun to spend a couple of hours with them.

Today was Mom's birthday so Cowboy made her a good breakfast. We visited a couple of hours and then headed back to the city. I was glad to make it home. I love every minute of being around my family. It's the holidays that make me think that I might want to move back there some day to be around them.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Sounds like you had a really pleasant time. It is good to spend holidays with family, isn't it?

Caroline said...

Glad you had a good time with the family.