Monday, May 3, 2010

Catch Up

I haven't blogged for awhile because I have so much to write about that I didn't know where to start so I have avoided blogging altogether. So I'll sum up most....

- The daughter has been a mess. Moved into a single women's home to gain support and help and left 3 days later with no place to go. Lived in a shelter, with a random guy, then spent a night in jail, and is now living in a hotel. Cowboy has been so upset and feeling very helpless with the whole situation. It has caused many sleepless night and lots of emotional distancing as he isn't good about talking about that situation.

-Work has been somewhat okay. Lots of pressure to get more done than I have time for but it's manageable. I had to have a conversation with one of my supervisors about her lack of work. I was really getting resentful about her 'hanging' out while I was working my ass off. She has gotten better.

-My mom was in town for the weekend. I love spending time with my mom but each time that I do, it makes me realize how much older my mom is getting and how much I feel the need to take care of her when she is around. She looks frail and weak and not to steady on her feet. She makes me tired.

-Golf has been good and then really good. I shot a 90 on the course and was thrilled but then the next week, it looked like I hadn't played golf in a long long time. Cowboy and I have been finding our grove on the course and no longer have any major meltdowns. Knock on wood.

-I been really thinking about the groove that couples get into, some that brings comfort and some that takes advantage of the other person. I don't want to take advantage of Cowboy and all that he does for me. I'm trying to do things a little differently and get a little frustrated when he doesn't notice or says something that is pretty negative.

-I love my new hot tub. I've been in it almost every night. It does help with my overall soreness.

-I would love to get my kitchen re-done and am looking at ways to do it for less than $4000.
Before we can do that, we have so many outside projects that need to be done. Painting, deck power washing, staining, and on and on.

-I'm constantly worried about money and have chosen to ignore my checking account but that doesn't seem to work when I get nasty overdraft letters from the bank. I really need to win the powerball.

-I can't even begin to talk about my weight.

Enough for the night.

No comments: