Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pictures from the weekend

Here are a few pictures from my weekend.

Cowboy and I went home for the weekend. My mom's first cousin (quite a bit younger) came back to Kansas for a visit. Tina had not been back since her father's funeral in 1997. She invited my mother out to dinner at the restaurant that her father built. So Saturday night, my Mom and Dad, Cowboy and I and my sister and her husband met Tina and her husband for dinner. It was a really cool evening.


On Sunday, all the siblings came over for Mother's Day. My dear brother was going to trim the bushes in front of the house for my Mom. A slip with the hedge clippers landed him in the hospital emergency room for 3 hours with his wife on Mother's Day. Three stitches later and he is recovering.
Cowboy and my niece's boyfriend are celebrating their birthday next week so in addition to having a Mother's Day celebration, we celebrated their 23rd and 54th birthdays. (Can you guess who's is what).

It was a good weekend at home. I was really sick but it was still good to be home.
My mother has been an amazing person in my life and I am very fortunate to have her as my mom.


1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

I don't know why you are not showing up on my updates but I am glad I popped in anyway.
Yes, treasure your Mother enjoy every moment you spend with her.