Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our Honeymoon

We left on Monday for our honeymoon. Our wonderful neighbor called and offered to drive us to the airport. We jumped on that offer. We got to the airport early and hung out until our plane took off. No thoughts of work, no thoughts of anything but having fun with my hubby.

We arrived around 1:30p in Vegas. We got checked into our hotel and headed out to check out the place. We were starving and found a pizza place for dinner. The first thing that we realize is the food prices are outrageous. Two pieces of pizza and a salad were $25. Really, ouch that cuts into the gambling money. Then off to gamble for a little while. I love blackjack and the Cowboy plays only the slots. The first night was a success for me--I won $225 on blackjack, $125 on a slot machine and then another $100 on the same slot machine. We should have stopped and went home then.

We walked away and then went to a little Irish pub in the hotel for fish and chips and a couple of beers. We had a friendly chat with the bartender and then back out to gamble. We turned in pretty early (well, maybe midnight).

The next morning we hit the all you can eat pancake breakfast at the hotel. Cowboy had to go for the second plate and left stuffed.
The it was off for a day of site seeing. We walked down the strip to Mandalay Bay to see the Sharks. It was a really cool exhibit with all kinds of see things. Below is a picture of jellyfish.

The Shark exhibit had a guided tour. Below is Cowboy looking at the Kamodo dragon.

He couldn't resist this shot. However, right before he posed there was a mom of a 11 year old boy that took a picture of the boy with his had right on the boob. The boy had the biggest smile on his face ever.

We did a lot of walking and checking out Vegas. It had been 14 years since I've been there and Cowboy had never been there so there was a lot to see and do. We spent most of the day just checking out the strip and dropping a few coins in a few slot machines. We ended up back at our hotel for a little rest, Cowboy stayed down in the casino while I took a small nap. We then went out for dinner at Dick's Last Resort, where Cowboy got made fun of for being a Cowboy and I was teased about wearing a coat without sleeves (vest). It was fun and the food was good.
Then it was back to the casino where in a couple of hours I lost my money and went to bed. Cowboy was up and wanted to play a little longer. I kept calling my Cowboy to come to bed but he stayed down in the casino until 4:30a. I didn't sleep well until my Cowboy joined me. We slept in until 10:30a.
Wednesday was a late breakfast and then a little shopping. We gambled a little at our hotel and then went to the Bellagio. We had tickets to "O". We got to watch the water show in front of the hotel, which is amazing. (Ocean's Eleven doesn't do it justice). We grabbed a quick sandwich at the hotel, which was amazing. Then off to see the show.
We grabbed a sandwich at the hotel, an expensive sandwich I might add but it was awesome. Cowboy was complaining about the price of the ticket but after the show he commented that it was money well spent. The show was probably the best that I have ever been to and I would probably see it again if I ever had the opportunity. Our seats were four rows back on the side of the stage. It was pretty amazing.

Here we are before the show.
Then it was back to our hotel bar for free beers. We met the cutest couple from England. They were celebrating their 35th wedding anniversary. I hope we make it to 35 years. A little more time to gamble in which I went to bed early and Cowboy stayed down in the casino. He was back a little earlier that night, 2:30p.
Our last day was spent sleeping in, eating a late breakfast and then a little time in front of the slots. It was the only day besides the first that I broke even. I was winning on the penny machines.
Our flight was cancelled on the way home, so we had to wait for the next flight which made us late getting home. But all was good.
We had a great time. We laughed and had so much fun together. It was nice getting away and just spending time together We totally acted like honeymooners, complete with what we dubbed Vegas sex. (I finally broke out all my sexy nighties.)
Although Vegas was fun, we both decided that we would probably not return. It wasn't really our kind of vacation but it was definitely fun.


Anonymous said...

The most important thing was that you had FUN....

glad you were able to do that.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Caroline said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!! I like Vegas, but it wouldn't be my first choice for a vacation. But I believe that everyone should see it at least once in their lifetime. S loves Vegas because of all the great shopping.