Sunday, January 31, 2010

Photo Op

So Grumpy did go away and I got my husband back for the weekend. We've had a good weekend and I really enjoyed being around him again.

We decided to go out on a date this afternoon for a late lunch/early dinner. We headed out to our favorite steak place, Texas Roadhouse.

Cowboy started off my telling the waitress that the last time he was in there, he ate free. He just informed her that he ate the peanute, 17 bread rolls and the waitress wasn't worth a tip, so he left with a free meal. Our waitress just looked him in the eye and said, "That won't happen, I've got your order, you'll get good service and I'll get a good tip." Finally, one that gives back what he dishes out.

When the waitress came back, she said, "I bet you get into trouble now and again". He then started to tell her about our favorite waitress that worked there. The waitress informed us that Chloe went off to Oklahoma with a boy. I told the waitress how Cowboy wanted to adopt Chloe. Cowboy then commented, "I wanted to take Chloe home but by wife didn't think I was thinking of her to daughterly." The waitress just laughed and shook her head.

The waitress told us that she had three job and one of her other jobs was in photography. Cowboy said, "My wife and I are thinking about having some pictures taken." (with an wicked grin). She rolled her eyes and said, "I'll see how good my tip is before I set an appointment." He just laughed.

It good to see that Cowboy can get back just as good as he gives out. Fun night with my hubby.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

My late hub was like that, too. Usually it was OK, but sometimes, he made me just cringe with fear of what he would say next.

I'm glad Grumpy is gone and the Jokester is back.