Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

I remember 9/11. But as the years go by, I remember 9/11 a little less. I don't forget what happened but I don't remember how it felt. I don't remember that awe and horror I felt as I just sat there and watched the events ...until now. I'm watching it on the History channel and am just as riveted as I was then. My heart feels heavy as it did them. The feelings of sadness and disbelief come rushing back. As I watching and seeing people jump out of the building, I just can't imagine how it must have felt for those who were in the building, who had just exited the building, who were trying to fight the fire, who were answering the phones and those who knew they were going to died.

It was a very sad day in American history. I hope and pray that we will never experience that again. I hope and pray that everyone who died that day are in Heaven. I hope and pray that all those who lost loved ones that day have been able to heal.

I'm thankful for those who protect our country. I'm thankful that I live in America.

I remember.

No comments: