Thursday, March 25, 2010

Crazy Day Yesterday

Yesterday turned into a crazy day for us.

My sister-in-law's father passed away on Saturday morning. He never regained consciousness after his heart attack and he had no brain activity. He died with his entire family at his bedside. Yesterday was the funeral. Our family has become very close with the SIL's family over the years, so it was an easy decision to take off work and go home for the funeral.

Cowboy had made arrangements to stop in a small town about 45 minutes away to look at some comes and gun scopes. We were planning on getting up at 5:30a to go to the gym, however, we didn't quite make that alarm. We slept in and snuggled until around 7:45a when we needed to leave by 8:30a. So we got up and rushed around to leave on time.

On our way, we stopped at QT for donuts. I sent Cowboy in while I waited. Then we drove 30 minutes to this guys house to look at the gun stuff. Again, I wait in the car. Cowboy comes out in about 15 minutes and can't find his money clip. (money, credit cards, etc.) He searches the car, his pockets, my purse, the car, his pockets, the back seat, no money clip. He is super pissed and is cussing, slamming the doors, etc. He was not fun to be around. So we head back to the QT. 30 minutes of him fuming and driving like a crazy man.

We get back to the QT, no money clip. Searches the road, the store, the parking lot, the trash cans in the parking lot, my purse, the car, the back seat. Crazy man on a mission. I should say, angry crazy man on a mission. After 30 minutes, we head out on the road again. I start calling the bank to cancel credit cards and got two cancelled before I lost phone service.

As I'm on the bank with to cancel another card, he get a call. The money clip is found. Apparently, he had taken the money clip out of his pocket in this guys house, went back into the bedroom and set it on the bed. When the lady went in to make the bed, she found it. But she didn't have his phone number so it took her 30 minutes to track down his number.

I was so glad he got it back. It took him another 2 hours to calm down.

We were late getting to my parents house and didn't get to visit with them at all but did take my mom and niece to the funeral. The funeral was very nice. Merl was buried on the family farm. We stayed for food with the family. It was so good to be able to be there with my SIL's family and support them.

The day was full of intense emotions...I was tired when we got home.

No comments: