Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Wedding and Reception

The Wedding Continued....

Once we arrived at the Barn, Sharon and I went to the bathroom to get ready. I loved my dress and shoes. My hair turned out just as I had planned. My makeup was great. Sharon looked great in her dress. My Cowboy....he was handsome and sexy and looked awesome. We took pictures before the wedding. I asked Cowboy what he thought and in his typical reply he said, "I've been looking down your dress". I think he liked the cleavage.

While I was getting ready so much more was happening. The caterer arrived, the DJ was setting up and my cousin hired a quartet (as a wedding gift) to play jazz music before the ceremony and during dinner. They were awesome. So the guest got to listen to great music prior to the ceremony.

After pictures, I hid in the bathroom. I was overcome with so many emotions. I was excited, nervous, anxious, and so much more. More tears of joy and sadness. My sisters poked their heads in, my mom stopped by, and a few other guest found me in the bathroom.

Then was the big moment. The saxaphone player played a solo. My brother walked my mother down the isle. Cowboy walked his adopted mom down the isle. Chuck, the best man, walked Sharon down the isle. My great-nephew pulled the isle runner down the isle. I swear it took him 10 minutes. Someone told him to go slow and slow he went. It was so cute. Then my dad walked me down. Big tear slid down my face. Joy and pride. Dad gave me a big hug and kiss.

Rob, my brother, started the ceremony. I don't remember much of what he said, other than it was funny, warm and very heartfelt. He made a few jokes and they talked about us. All the while I couldn't stop looking at my Cowboy. A tear welled in my eye and at one point, I swear that Cowboy's eyes got a little teary.

We said our vows, exchanged our rings and kissed. We were married! When we walked back down the isle, we stopped for a hug and kiss. It was perfect. We formed an informal receiving line and received congratulations from our guest. At one point my mom came up to me and said with lots of tears in her eyes, "Thank you so much for letting me see your wedding."


My bouquet survived.

The dinner and reception was a blur. I danced a lot, I tried to visit with friends or at least say hi. We ate BBQ, toasted to champagne, ate cake and the dessert bar. Cowboy and I danced several times. Lots of hugs. Lots of friends. No more tears about missing guest. It was a perfect wedding for us. My daddy even danced with me.

We ended about 1 hour earlier than planned and my family and friends rallied around me to tell me that I had to leave. I was planning on cleaning up but Cowboy and I left. My feet thanked me. We were off to our hotel room, a gift from my friends.

We went to get in the truck and look what we found. A truck full of packing peanuts. We laughed, it could have been worse.


The following sign says it all. I'm sad it over and excited it has started, the rest of our lives.
Tomorrow...the rest.






4 comments:

Lynilu said...

Dang it! I want pictures of the bride and groom! Get with it!!

kim said...

Yeah, what Lynilu said.
I know, I was there but still....you are so bad keeping us in suspense.

I guess I missed you dancing with dad, I hope someone got pictures.

Waiting patiently for more....

kim said...

Did I thank you for letting me see you get married? If not, THANK YOU.
That is one of the things I regret, no family there when I got married.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh I love reading this, it brings back so many good feelings! I just love a wedding *sigh*