Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Wedding Day

When Cowboy finally settled down after all the singing, I had this amazing feeling rush over me. I was so grateful that he was home and in bed with me. He makes me feel so safe and secure it just reaffirmed that becoming his wife was the best thing in my life.

After an almost sleepless night, I woke up around 7a and jumped in the shower. I was excited and nervous and anxious all at once. I decided that I would fix breakfast for all of us because I was hungry. Keep in mind, my mind was busy going through everything that needed to be done for the day. I burnt the sausage. Not just burnt but almost set the house on fire, smoke rolling out of the kitchen burnt the sausage. Some were salvageable. So we had a breakfast of crispy sausage, scrambled eggs and toast. Both Sharon and I got ready and headed out. I thought Cowboy was going to sleep in until noon.

Sharon and I went to pick up the flowers. Temperature a whopping 32 degrees and driving rain. Sucky, sucky weather. We made it to the Barn and then whirlwind. The cake lady arrived, the photographer showed up, and the whole family piled in. We were taking family pictures at 11a. Everyone started pitching in to help set up. The biggest two helpers were Sharon and Dr. T. (seen below)

Thank God for Dr.T. She brought snack food and drinks for the family. I don't remember much of this part of the day. At one point my mother told me that my cousins weren't going to make it and tears just started. I told my mom that I didn't want to know who else wouldn't be coming. I remember pictures being taken. I remember being asked lots of questions, none of which I can recall at this moment. I remember smiling a lot for family pictures. And I remember, random moments of tears because of the weather.

So here is how my tables turned out. They were perfect.

We had extra candle holders and bud vases so the windows got decorated. Check out the snow starting outside the window, the cause for more tears.

My groom's cake turned out awesome. I was so happy to see it. Perfect.

The wedding cake was even more beautiful than I had expected. There is a silver W that sits on top. Perfect.

After family pictures and finishing the decorations, Sharon and I headed home. She kept asking if I was okay. Random moments of tears, some tears of joy and some tears of sadness. I tried very hard to keep it together. I know I didn't have any control over the weather but at the same time, I really wanted to have friends and family with me on my big day.
I did have all my immediate family there. I am thankful for that. Sharon kept telling me that I needed to rest. Cowboy brought home hamburgers for lunch. After I ate, I got a text messages from someone saying they weren't going to make it. Then I got a message off the answering machine saying that all my cousins weren't going to make it and then a phone call that I didn't answer. I started crying again. I went to my bed and just cried. It's really hard to explain how I felt at this point. Sharon came in and sat with me for awhile.
I finally pulled my self together for a while and we played a few Wii games. Which almost distracted us so much that we were almost late. I gathered all my things and headed out for the Barn. I had decided to wait until we got there to get ready for the big event.
Sharon did a good job of keeping me distracted on the ride to the barn. Thank God, really Thank God for her.
Tomorrow, the big event.


kim said...

I have decided that the "freak" weather made your wedding day as unique and special as you are. It definately made it memorable. I hope you have many happy memories and that the sad ones ease as time goes by.
You have wonderful friends and I am so thankful they were there for you. You are a lucky woman.


Lynilu said...

It's too bad the weather got in the way of your happiness. Remember, the only essential thing is that you and Cowboy were there to get married. :)

Caroline said...

Your cake is beautiful. I love the "Believe" on the side and I loved the idea of putting the "W" on top of the cake.

I am sorry that the weather was such a pain, but just think you will have an good story to tell your kids and grandkids one day.

Monogram Queen said...

I think you did an admirable job of not letting the weather ruin your most special day.

**I would have asked not to be told who wasn't coming too. No need to focus on the negative!