Sunday, July 26, 2009

A very good weekend

Let me start off my saying that I wish I had my camera this weekend but I forgot it.

Saturday morning I got up and made a apple/blueberry cobbler for the reunion. As we got around for the road trip, I also made fried potatoes to take with us. Very yummy. We finally headed out to the big reunion.

Cowboy loaded a box of veggies for his old neighbors, Ross and Betty. Ross and Betty are the cutest old couple you will ever meet. We stopped by and to see them a couple of weeks ago. Ross's health is failing and it sad to see. We stopped to visit and drop of the veggies and they weren't home. So it was off to the reunion.

Cowboy's adopted mom's family was present for the family reunion, including his best friend, Mom's son. They were like two peas in a pod and pretty inseparable all day. It is so good to see him with his friends. The food was awesome. The company was good.

There was a little boy there, Garrett. He became my buddy and wanted to play chase and tickle monster. He and a little girl there about wore me out. Later, I was talking with Garrett's mother and she told me that Garrett cried when John McCain didn't become the president. She said he was very interested in the election. So I called Garrett over to have a conversation with him. I finally asked him who the president was, "Brock O'bama". Did you vote for him? "no". Who did you vote for? "Lebron James". It was the cutest thing. His mom gave him the right name and then he tole me he wanted "John Cain" to be the president. I wanted to take little Garrett home with me.

Cowboy got a call from Betty to thank us for the veggies and then told us that Ross had a stroke and was in the hospital. Betty has an eye condition and can not see to drive so she is dependent on others. Ross is her world for many reasons. We headed out pretty quickly and went to the hospital to see Ross. He actually looked better than we had anticipated. He was hitting on the nurses so I know he was good. He got a little teary eyed when we left. My heart broke.

We then stopped by to see Betty. We did a few things for her. Programmed our numbers into her cell phone since she can't see to do that and taught her to use the voice activation calling key. Cowboy also re-wrote her phone list in big letters so she could see them. Our heart goes out to them. They are such a cute couple and are the best people you will ever meet.

We got home very late and were worried about her being home alone so long by herself. Come to find out, Cowboy's son had stopped by and let her out. Good for my Sadie.

Today has been a total lounge day. I made some salsa from our garden veggies and took care of some laundry. Cowboy cleaned up around the house. We took a little nap and other than that, just not a whole lot happening around the house.

It was a really good weekend.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Sounds like it was a good weekend and I am really impressed that you had a lazy day yesterday.

Anonymous said...

So glad you had such a good weekend. I know you deserve one after a very long and tiring week at work.

:) Kim