Friday, April 25, 2008

Splitting Time

Sadie and I get to experience something very new for us today. Cowboy is having overnight company. Since we have been together, his past life has been somewhat seperate from our current life. Although, I have encouraged him to invite his friends to the city, he hasn't been really comfortable with that. My old house couldn't hold any more people but our new house is big enough for lots of company. This weekend is the trial. His good friend and wife are traveling up to the big city to spend the night with us. I'm happy that he is feeling like "our" home is a place for his past world.

Cowboy and I met 15 years ago this month at a small town bar singing karoke. He can sing and I can listen really well. (I actually played back up singer that night.) We've been together on and off until about 2 1/2 years ago. Things have never been as good as they are now. I tell him all the time that I love our new house and am very happy. The tells me not to be so gushy. You know men, once you start getting sappy they get all squirmy... so sometimes I get gushy so he'll get squirmy...it's good for him.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

You guys are so cute.

I love that you created this blog because I feel like I get to see a whole different side of you. Thanks for sharing.