Monday, June 29, 2009

I feel so bad.

Several months ago, I got a call from my sister letting me know that she had been called into her bosses office and was let go. After 10 years, she no longer had a job. I felt so bad for her and was actually mad at her boss and the company.

Today, I was the bad guy. One by one, I called 7 people to my office to let them know that after July 19th, they no longer had a job. One employee recently lost her mother. One is 64 years old. One just lost her full time job and now her part time job. One just bought a car. Oh boy, do I feel bad. Several said they saw it coming. Some cried. Some were very angry. Some said nothing.

The business side knows, that in order for everyone else to keep their job, some had to go. I hate the balancing game. How do I keep the company going? How do I not feel so bad?

No matter what...it doesn't feel good.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I am sorry today was such a bad day. I know that was probably really hard.