Saturday, June 27, 2009

The weekend

I feel like I haven't been blogging very much lately. We have been busy and it has been hot. By the time I get home from work and take care of the garden, I'm done. Cowboy is at his girlfriends (the neighbor) so I'm going to use this time to catch up.

Our garden is growing great guns. We are having some success with some things and not so much with others. The peppers are growing great guns and Cowboy gets to have either a hot banana pepper or a jalapeno with his meals. We picked so lettuce and to both of our surprise, it was pretty tasty. The baby spinach got covered by the monster peas. The peas have been very tasty. We cut them up pods and all on our salad. The radishes were a flop. We harvested 5 and pulled the rest. The tomatoes are growing great guns and putting on tomatoes. It won't be long before we are picking ripe ones daily. We have picked 3 cherry tomatoes and they were awesome. The yellow squash is growing great but keeps rotting on the ends. However, I think the blooms are not falling off and causing them to rot. So I have been making sure the blooms drop off. The cucumbers are soon going to be taking over the yard. They are monsters but no cucumbers yet. The honey bees were out this morning pollinating them. The onions have been very tasty. But most died so were hoping next year is better for them.

Thursday night, Cowboy and I went to a work functions. My company celebrated it's 40th anniversary. I have been working for them for 15 years. The celebration took place in a private car museum. As soon as I figure out how to down load pictures off my phone, I'll post them. It was the coolest thing. They also had a magician and he was very good. I got to introduce Cowboy to most of my co-workers. Cowboy was quite the gentleman and I was very proud to introduce him to everyone.

Friday, I had to go to Jeff City for a meeting. It was an early start and a long day. This morning, Cowboy and I got up around 7:30 and walked on the trail with Sadie to the farmer's market. It was a great walk be we were sweating like pigs when we got home. Poor Sadie, was done. We spent $9.50 and got green beans, potatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and a puppy pizza. We feel like the trip was worth it.

I then made an appointment for a hair cut. It has probably been a year and my hair was done to the middle of my back but you wouldn't be able to tell that because it's so curly. Now, it's short. I'm loving it. I also had them wax my eyebrows. Don't know why anyone would pluck!

Tonight is a lounge around night. I love this lazy kinds of days.

Pictures soon.

1 comment:

Lynilu said...

Gee, girl! I wish you'd find something to fill the spare moments of your life. You're gonna waste away with boredom!