Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hail Porcelain God

Last night was a doozie. Last night was a once in a 5 year event. I got the privilege of paying a little homage to the Porcelain god. Dear all, this is not me. I do not know what happened and I can't for the life of me figure out how I ended up snuggling with the Porcelain Goddess in our home last night.

This is what I do have figured out. We went to a fund raiser for of all things a transitional home for women in recovery. (Yes, I did say, women in recovery.) There was wine. There were appetizers. There was bidding on silent auction items. There was socializing. There was fun.

I had a plate of appetizers and about 4 small glasses of wine. You know the small clear plastic solo cups. After, we went to a restruant and I had two martini's and some dessert. When we left, all was fine. I told Cowboy to drive home, I couldn't.

The next thing I know, I was very hot and had to pee. I made him roll down all the windows and the rest his history. Once we got home, I stripped down to my skivies and Oh Hail Porcelain Queen. I think I slept on the bathroom floor until 2am. Cowboy told me he took pictures. I'm sure they were lovely. (He really didn't, but said he should have.)

Today, was a beautiful day and we had a tee time at 1p. It was a struggle all day.

Several years ago, I realized that alcohol does not like me when I over indulge. So I don't. I'm very careful. I don't like feeling out of control. I don't like puking. I don't like feeling like a slug the next day...so I'm really not sure how that happened last night. All I know, is I was once again reminded that I'm not going to drink even remotely enough to get in that condition again for a very long time.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Not enough food + mixing drinks= spending the night worshiping the porcelain God.

Glad you had a good time, but sorry that you were not feeling well today. You need to tell Cowboy that the one thing that will make you feel 100% better is a diamond ring.

Lynilu said...

That is something I hate, too, probably more than any one other thing in the world. Puking is awful, but puking after drinking is over the top. Sorry you had to go through that. gah.

MJ said...

Caroline--a ring would make me feel on top of the world.

Monogram Queen said...

Ack - I feel for you - muchly!!!