Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!

I love my birthday. I'm the gal that tells everyone that weeks before my birthday that my big day is coming up. I love my day. We had a great day. Up early to go garage saleing, breakfast at our favorite dive. Lots of ring looking, oohing and aahing and congrats from the staff there. Then off to play golf. The front 9 was good, the back nine, not so good. It was a beautiful day.

Cowboy bought dinner and came home and grilled filets, crab stuffed mushrooms, asparagus and baked potatoes. It was awesome. Very very good.

I've gotten calls from my mom and dad, my brother, niece, and my good friend's kid sang happy birthday on the answer machine.

The funniest call was with my sister-in-law. It went like this.

I called her to see if they still needed a pet taxi (they asked us to look for one at garage sales).
"Miss, do you still need a pet taxi."
No, but thanks for asking.
"How are you at keeping a secret"
I'm evolved
"How about a big princess cut diamond"
Oh, my gosh! How exciting...(gush, gush) That's exciting. Good-bye

Me to Cowboy--she didn't wish me happy birthday.

Phone rings. It's Miss
"Hello"
MJ...so I'm sorry, I dialed the wrong number.
"Okay, good-bye"

Me to Cowboy--I can't believe she didn't wish me a Happy Birthday.
Cowboy--"Give me the phone"

He calls Miss and says- "Wendell, Wendell, I was calling Wendell to remind him to tell MJ happy birthday" He then passes the phone to me.

Miss was just 1) so confused as to who Wendell was and 2) laughing so hard that she forgot to wish me happy birthday.

Our bit of fun at her expense. I have the world best sister-in-law.

3 comments:

Lynilu said...

Happy Birthday, MJ!! You've had one hellava week, haven't you??? YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monogram Queen said...

I love Birthdays too! Happy Belated!