Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Trip to Florida

I miss my friend. I miss my friend alot. She is one of the few people in this world that I can be totally open and honest with and who always accepts me for me. So I was thrilled to finally being able to go see her and spend time with her.

I got to Florida on Thursday. She picked me up from the airport and we were off to pick up the girls from school. Addie and Hannah just said hi--typically 8 years old stuff. But sweet little KK came up to me and gave me the biggest hug and kiss. She was so sweet. Then it was off to home. That night was not very eventful.

Friday was a big day. We were up early to go to school for KK's Halloween party. Sherry and I went for breakfast first and found a wonderful store that we had to go back and check out. The Halloween party was fun. 20 kindergarten students trick-or-treating at all the other class rooms and then off to visit the retired nuns. Then it was our turn. Sherry and I headed out to the spa and got a full pampering. Massage, pedicure and manicure. My guy gave me the best back rub ever. If Cowboy would have been fine with another man living with us, I would have packed him up and brougth him home.

The relaxation was somewhat short lived as we took the girls to the Halloween Festival at the school. Imagine 100 screaming, running Catholic school kids and a loud DJ. The best thing--they served beer and wine.

Saturday was spent at the soccer game and then shopping for additions to Halloween costumes. Trick or treating and then a party next door where Sherry and I sang our hearts out with the Karoke machine--okay so it was one song and we sounded somewhat okay. "Oh what a night, late December back in 63"

Sunday, the mom and dad went shopping while I got the girls. They were painting and I was watching. Then we came to a mutual decision to go shopping--really they decided to shop. It was either shopping or the beach and shopping won. KK was so tired that she made the day a little funky. Not many bargains but dreams of a new Coach purse.

Sunday night, Sherry and I got away for dinner at Aunt Kate's. Mixed reviews on the food but good to spend just girl time together.

Monday was more girl time as the girls didn't have school and Dad was home with them all day. We were able to get in some good girl shopping. I got several new shirts, a cute new sweater, earrings, sunglasses and a few other fun things.

Tuesday was flying home. Saying goodbye at the airport is always sad. Tears. I love you's. More Tears.

I miss my friend.

1 comment:

Monogram Queen said...

I am so glad my BFF moved back here from Florida. I didn't truly realize just how much I really did miss her until she came back!!!