Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Cost of Vanity

Isn't it amazing what women pay for vanity? There are manicures, pedicures, eye brow waxing, bikini waxing, fake fingernails, teeth whitening, not to mention make-up and hair products. We will have our hair colored, hairs plucked, faces hydrated and squeezed. And oh so much more.

Keep in mind I am not a girly girl. I have rough heels and bushy eyebrows. I get my hair done about one to two times a year. I break my fingernails weekly. And just recently my toenails finally grew out the polish from my last pedicure.

So for the wedding, I've decided that I want to be a little girly. I want my hair done, toes and feet pretty and great fingernails. But I also want to have a tan to make my pink dress look a little prettier.

So it's off to tanning I go. I haven't tanned for 10 years. I use sunscreen and haven't laid out since the 80's. The whole thing is a new experience. More high powered beds that tan faster. My first time I went I stayed for 6 minutes, then 8 minutes, and another 8 minutes. So Monday night, I thought I needed to go for 9 minutes.

Here is the real cost of vanity....a red body, as red as my candied apple jammies. I radiate heat and I'm sure I glow in the dark. I know, I know. This is so unhealthy. I didn't sleep well because of my vanity and my jeans were so uncomfortable today. No more 9 minutes. No more bright red. I should be done but I want to look good in my dress. Maybe 7 minutes.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

Hey .... for your wedding, anything goes!!! 'Nuff said!

Monogram Queen said...

Oh yes what we do for vanity but yours is for your wedding. Quite different! :) Stay cool MJ!