Sunday, February 15, 2009

My poor baby is sick.

My poor baby is sick. Yesterday morning she seemed to be fine. I had left for the day to run all my errands and came home to a funky smell. I went to let Sadie out of her kennel and she raced for the door. I let her out and she pooped and pooped and pooped some more. I went back up to the kennel and she had pooped all over her kennel and had scooted all the blankets to the front of the kennel. I felt so sorry for my poor baby. I don't know how long she had been in the kennel with poopie blankets.

You should have seen me trying to clean them. My gag reflex is not good with smelly poo. I had to stop a couple of times to regain composure. So not good!!

We got her bed cleaned up and when Cowboy got home, gave her a bath and got her cleaned up. I think she had gotten into the garbage from the people across the street. Their back yard faces our house and they dump scraps against the back fence.

This morning about 4:30a I heard her racing through the house. I got up and let her out and again she pooed and pooed. When I let her back in, I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water and guess what. A huge pile of poo there. Poor baby, she never has accidents in the house. We were up several times from then on. In and out she went for the next 3 hours. Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep.

She seems to be fine at this point. Poor baby.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Poor Sadie. I hope she is feeling better. You might try giving her some canned pumpkin. That is suppose to really help with diareha.

Last fall when I came home and Sophie had pooed all over the apartment she was so upset. Give Sadie a hug for me.

Lynilu said...

Aw, poor Sadie. I hope she is better now. I feel so sorry for the dogs when they try so hard to do the right thing but are overpowered by nature. One of the many times I wish they could talk to us and tell us what hurts or what they need.

Yeah, try the pumpkin thing. it worked for a blogger friend.

Monogram Queen said...

Oh poor thing - I am sure it was mortifying for her too. Seriously.