Wednesday, August 19, 2009

HOA

We have lived in our neighborhood for 21 months. For 12 of those months, I have been the vice-president of the home owners association. (Really, I'm not sure how I get myself into these situations) and it looks like I will be the next president. The current president I am quite certain has never been the president of anything. Which bring me to the reason that I'm writing about this.

Two weeks ago, she put out a notice of the next meeting. She didn't follow any of the bi-laws and it upset the "old timers" of the neighborhood. So we "the newcomers" were summonsed to a meeting with the "old timers". Oh what fun.

The outgoing president was pretty defensive. I, being the good social worker that I am, got to play the very diplomatic voice of the group. Times are a changin' my dear "old timers". Times are a changin'.

I'm going to have a fun year.

No comments: