Tuesday, August 11, 2009

A Super Long Weekend

So I decided to take a few days off. I've been working very long hours and had plans to have my niece and nephew come to the big city and stay with us.

Friday night, Sadie was licking her paw and when I investigated, I found this disgusting sore on her foot. I'm not sure where she got it and when she got it but her toe was swollen and the sore was just nasty. So early, Saturday morning I called the vet and off we went for a drop in appointment. They were going to work her in between appointments but when we got there our very nice vet went ahead and saw her. $85 dollars later with antibiotics and an anti-inflammatory we were on our way. Not sure what caused it but we are watching it.

Then it was off to the farm. We stopped by Mom and Dad's for a visit. I helped Mom set up her new digital camera and uploaded her pictures from her vacation so she could have the prints sent to her home. Then it was off to the big birthday party for my nephew. BooMan turned 14 on August 2nd but was traveling from NC to KS so today was the big party.

Part of our birthday present to him was to bring him back to the city for some golf. Sunday we played with our friend Steve. It was Steve and I against BooMan and Cowboy. We lost by 4 stokes compliments of me. My short game was bad. BooMan got a new hybrid and played well.

Monday morning, I had to go to work to take care of time cards and give a corrective action to an employee. Cowboy took BooMan to golf. They played 36 holes and just had a blast. I ended up working until 11ish and then met my mom and sister for lunch and the pass off of Lil' Miss. It was the girls day to do a little shopping. So off we went. I haven't shopped for 11 year olds for a long time so it was fun. Check out one of her favorite outfits.

Sunday night was dinner and then out for frozen custard. BooMan beat me at golf on the Wii and then off to bed. Today was family day. My brother and his wife brought up my oldest niece on their way to pick up their kids. My sister and her husband and three grand kids also came to the big city. We all packed up and headed to the water park. What a perfect family day. I would have been better if Cowboy had been able to join us--the dentist had other plans for him.

It was good to have a break from work but I know I will pay for it for the next week or so. I'm starting to get stressed just thinking about it.


Lynilu said...

Cute kids. I hope Sadie's foot heals OK. Anything they can lick is a challenge to heal.

Anonymous said...

Sorry we didn't make it, sounds like you had a fun day today.
Don't stress too much. (I know, easier said than done.)
Glad you took some time off work to spend with the kids, I'm sure it made you feel better, even if you were busy.

Love ya, Kim

Caroline said...

Poor Sadie!! Hope she is feeling better.

Glad you took some time off from work to have some fun. I think this is something you really needed to do and it will help you get through the next couple of weeks.