Saturday, August 2, 2008

Family Reunion

Cowboy's parents are deceased. His dad died of a heart attack at the age of 59 before I met Cowboy. His mother died of cancer about three years later after I dated Cowboy for the first time 15 years ago. Cowboy then adopted his best friend's mom. His best friend is in the yellow shorts. This is such a fitting picture of the two of them. Outside fishing, only because hunting season is not here. They are a lot alike.

Today was the 'D' family reunion. This is the third year that I have went with Cowboy. The first time was 15 years ago and then again last year. We don't often do 'family' activities with Cowboy's family (since he's doesn't really have much of an extended family). I love being able to share this with him. I wish he had close family ties since my family is so important to me. The day was really good. The food was awesome and I was pretty comfortable this year since I have a little connection with his family for the second year in a row.

After the reunion, we went to visit Cowboy's old neighbors. They were thrilled to see him. They are an older couple that have been very good to Cowboy over the years and he to them. They were so excited that we stopped by. They wanted to fix us supper and since we couldn't stay they sent home tomatoes and cucumbers. You don't find people any better than the ones we spent the day with.

Here was our entertainment for the day. Oscar was rescued in Tennessee after his owners tried to kill him by hitting him in the head with a hammer and throwing him in a swift moving river. He is the cutest thing and will soon be adopted by Cowboy's adopted family.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Glad you guys had a good time. And I think it is awesome that Cowboy has created his own family.

Lynilu said...

Oh, goody! Another rescued dog!! Hurrah!!!!

I love the sound of your weekend. It screams "Family!!!!"

Monogram Queen said...

So glad Cowboy has a good adopted family and the dog... WTF? How can someone do that?
Oh a special place in hell.......... I can only hope for animal/child abusers!

Anonymous said...

How could anyone hurt a beagle they are the most loyalist dogs and such sweathearts. Its good someone rescued him