Thursday, May 29, 2008

Our Conversation

We occasionally have these conversations that go something like this-

MJ-"I'm going to have some friends over next Friday night"
Cowboy-"All women, I'm going fishing, hunting or chasing women"
MJ-"Why would you want to chase women, when you have the best at home"
Cowboy-"There may be one better out there"
MJ-"I'm sure you have the best"
Cowboy- " I dunno, I might find one better"
MJ-"How many women have you met that patch your jeans"
Cowboy- "One"
MJ-"How many women have you met that play golf with you"
Cowboy-"One"
MJ-"How many women have you met that cook, do your laundry, and take care of you"
Cowboy-"One"
MJ-"How many women rub on you as much as I do"
Cowboy-"One, I don't think I'll look any further"

He knows he has the best. I just have to keep reminding him in case he forgets.

He got all the yard work done today. I can't believe that for the past two years I have only mowed the yard a handful of times. I really thought that I would be single all my life so sometimes it surprises me that in the span of 2 1/2 years I have really come to depend on him for so many things. It is so nice to know that he is so steady and reliable, yet a ton of fun.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my what a great sense of humour you have MJ and Cowboy sounds like one happy contented man....also with a sense of humour. You sound like a great pair.....wtg

Ruth

Monogram Queen said...

Steady... reliable AND a ton of fun. He's a keeper no doubt!

Lynilu said...

That conversation cracks me up! It's good he knows what he's got!!

I'm glad, too, that you recognize what you have, what he does for you. I knew, too, but after Glenn was ill and couldn't do as much and then gone, I really came face to face with it.

I think it is really cool that you two complete each other. But don't tell Cowboy that ... he needs to keep that male ego intact, thinking he's *everything*!! LOL!!

Caroline said...

I need to find the female version of your Cowboy.

You guys totally crack me up and make me laugh daily.

MJ said...

He is a funny man. I think I'm lucky.