Saturday, July 26, 2008

I'm so excited

My very best friend is in KS, she has been for a week and tomorrow, I'm picking her up for a two day stay with me until she flies back to FLA. I'm so EXCITED. I would love to see her more often but it just doesn't happen. She has never stayed with Cowboy and I. Bonus is her three adorable girls. The twins are 6 almost 7 and my god-daughter is 3 almost 4. I haven't seen them since last Sept. I always go to Florida for their birthday and will try again this year.

Sherry and I met in college in 1984 when we were pledge sisters. We both had gone our freshman year to a junior college and we met our first year at the university. We became fast friends and have had so many great experiences together. She didn't marry until later than all our friends (just about 7 years ago). So as single gals, we have stories to tell.

I spent the day getting ready for their arrival. The house is all slicked up. Cowboy said it looks good but the "cookie crumbs" will just get it messy.

While Cowboy was golfing with her son, I spent the day getting 32 pints of homegrown corn vacuumed packed for the winter and I mixed up 2 loaves of banana nut bread to top it off. Needless to say, I'm a little tired but I'm so excited!!

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Have a great visit and take lots of pictures. Can't wait to hear all about your visit.

Lynilu said...

Have a fun couple days!

Monogram Queen said...

Awww enjoy your friend and her kids.

Caroline said...

No blog posts from you....did you sneak in your friends suitcase and go back to FL with her?