Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"You're the Best"

Cowboy and I play the little game. I'll say something and he'll respond with something that is about a half compliment. For example:
ME: "You are a good man"
Cowboy: "You aren't half bad".
We do this all the time. It just our thing and I just laugh most of the time. I always call him when I leave work and am on my way home. Our conversation went like this:
Me: "Hi loverboy, what are you doing?"
Cowboy:"Hi pootergirl, I could tell you but I'd have to kill you"
Me:"I'm on my way home."
C: "Hurry I have a surprise for you."
M:"Wow, you're a good man"
C:"You're the best woman I know."

Me: stunned and not sure what to say. He does have it in him--I knew it was there somewhere.

Not only did I get the compliment, I got a home cooked meal for dinner.

He is a keeper!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Cowboy rocks!! Yea, I think he is a keeper.

Lynilu said...

Yep, a keeper! Isn't it funny how they seem to know when it's time to break the pattern and give you a real, big, whole (not half) compliment?? Men!!! LOL!

Monogram Queen said...

Y'all are too funny and sweet!!! You make me smile!