Monday, December 22, 2008

Brrrrr

I will just preface this with one thing. It was amazingly, freakin' cold yesterday. What I won't do for my friends. My best friend and her husband came to town from Florida to go to the game. It was only hmmm.... 8 degrees with a wind chill of -20. We were there from the kick off to the very last tick of the clock. Cowboy left with 3 minutes left of the game to warm up the truck and when we got there, no warm truck and even more important no Cowboy. I called him and he walked around the whole stadium looking for the truck only to find out he was about 100 yards away from the start.

It was still fun and the game was good. Larry was happy that Miami won. So I'm sure it was well worth the free tickets and $22 parking.
We came home to a cold house. The wood stoves are having a hard time keeping up. After getting somewhat thawed out we met our college friends out for dinner and a few drinks.


I can hardly believe that we all met in '84 and still don't miss a beat when we all get together. It was a fun evening. I was glad to see my best friend again. It was even better seeing her and my other friends again.

On a whole other subject, my back and hip are still hurting me. I can truly say I know why some people would turn to taking lots of pain pills. I haven't been able to sleep and the heating pad is my best friend. I know that I should go to the doctor but haven't taken the time to go. I know, I know don't complain if I'm not going to do anything about it.

2 comments:

Lynilu said...

I remember SO many times being in that stadium in horrible weather, freezing my patooty off!! My daughter and I used to go when there were maybe 25,000 total who attended, sit wrapped up to the nose, with our feet in moon boots and on top of those drink carriers to protect from the icy concrete. brrrr, is right!

But here is the question .... When Cowboy got lost, uh, er, well, was he "liquid impaired"? LOL! That's too funny!

Back and hip .... see a doctor, girl!!!

Monogram Queen said...

I love their sign and am so glad they had a good time!
I love this poem and think it applies to you..
"Make new friends, but keep the old, those are silver, these are gold. New made friendships, like new wine. Age will mellow and refine. Friendships that have stood the test - time and change - are truly best!"