Sunday, December 14, 2008

It was a Smash

The brunch for the neighbor ladies was a smash. All the little old ladies, seriously some very old, showed up in their best Christmas sweaters and just thanked me over and over again for hosting such a nice event. It was really fun to get to meet several ladies in the neighborhood that I had not met before. It was also fun to spend time with some that I had met but did not know very well. This really cute lady around 80 years old told me that Cowboy looked handsome in his cowboy hat and if she were younger she would "steal him away from me". The thing about it is that I believe she meant it.

We are now down at my parents house and went to a family dinner with all the cousins. Lots of questions about the wedding and the big day, etc. I had sent out Christmas cards with a little "Save the Date" cards tucked in. Many of them did not know about the engagement yet. They all seemed pretty excited.

The weather has turned pretty nasty. If school is closed tomorrow, the program is canceled and Cowboy and I will head back to the city early. I hope that doesn't get bad enough for that to happen. I would love to see BooMan sing. (Speaking of him, he might be taking after Cowboy. He shot his very first 8 point buck yesterday.)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Glad to hear that your luncheon went well. Sounds like you had a really nice day getting to know your neighbors.

Be careful driving home if the roads are bad. I do hope you will be able to see the school program.

Lynilu said...

Yay!! Glad it was a good one.

Monogram Queen said...

Aww I love old people - I would have totally helped you if I lived closer.