Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas is Over

Christmas is over, both sadness and joy are present. I had a very blessed holiday and enjoyed my family and the time that we spent together. I love Christmas and so I'm sad that it is over for another year. Here are a few pics of our time together.

New Christmas sweatshirts-Mom and her girls minus one sister.
My great-niece and her new shirt thanks to Aunt MJ.

My two nieces that are not from the same family but could be sisters instead of cousins.

My sister, Kim, who reads my blog, and our nephew, laughing with each other.

I was down on the farm from Wednesday to Saturday and Cowboy was down there until Friday. We had two family gatherings and one day of shopping, first with the boys (dad and Cowboy) and then with the girls (my mom and sister). There was a lot going on. My mom's birthday was yesterday so I was able to spend the day with her.
It was good spending time with the family. I love being around my siblings and my parents. I think that I am very fortunate to have such a good, kind, and loving family. At a time when the world seems tough, I am very thankful that my parents did such a great job of raising a family that enjoys being around each other.
I hope everyone was as fortunate as I was this holiday season.
I have lots more to talk about but will do it in another post.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Glad to hear that you had a good Christmas with the family. Looks like everyone had a great time.

Monogram Queen said...

Love the family pics and the snowman sweatshirts!!!!

Family is most precious. I have a great one too!

Thanks for sharing yours MJ!

Lynilu said...

It is good to have a face for Kim! Sooooo. Did you hold Kim down and make her promise to start a blog, er I mean, talk to her about starting a blog?

MJ said...

Caroline- it was a good time.

MQ-Families are a great treasure, I agree.

Lynilu- Don't think i'll get Kim to blog anytime soon, I'm just glad she reads mine (and a few others).