Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Latest

Let me start by saying, I am incredibly bored. I am not a good take it easy patient. I don't feel bad but my eyes are sensitive and not right. I think Sadie is with me on this one. I have been outside a couple of times with her but I can't stay out to long. My eyes don't do well with the bright sun. They have been pretty manageable until this evening. They feel like a whole dump truck of gravel is in them. I've finally moved to my "pain cocktail". Those drops are nice. The doctor advised the tears first and if they don't work move to the cocktail. The cocktail slows the healing process. I've only used it 3 times so far, not to bad. I'm tired of drops. Below are the drops that I have to put in my eyes. I'm tired of drops but I want the best outcome so I'm doing them faithfully.

Here are the eye shields that I have to tape to my face every night until Wednesday. Cowboy says I look like a fly. The tape leaves a gooey film on my face. I remember that from my Lasik. I'm sure I look like a sexy babe with those on. Cowboy has been very good today. He took me shopping for a Father's Day present for my dad. He's out golfing. His buddy works at the nicest course in town so they are playing for free. I would like to be playing but golf is out for me until next weekend.

I can't sit at the computer long, my eyes water and hurt. The cocktail drops are making it possible now. I hope this is as bad as it gets, however, they say the worst is the 3rd and 4th days. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

That is a great picture of Sadie. She does look like she is a little bored.

Look at how organized you are with your meds....And tomorrow if I ask you to put on your eye covers and then take a picture...I promise not to put it on my blog. :)

Continue to take it easy; especially since it's so bright outside.

Lynilu said...

Cute Sadie!!

I'm glad you're taking good care. I hope the 3rd and 4th day thing is wrong and that you sail right through. Protect your eyes on the drive!